Woman charged with stealing baby formula from Berwyn store
Tracie A. Elliott, 42, 5049 W. Monroe St., Chicago, was charged with one count of felony retail theft after she allegedly was seen by a store employee stealing six bottles of baby formula from the Meijer at 7111 Cermak Road about 5 p.m. Nov. 10, police said.
Police later discovered Elliott had several prior arrests and convictions for retail theft and forgery, and subsequently upgraded her charge to a felony.
Elliott allegedly told police she had stolen the formula for a small child at home, according to police reports.
More News News
- Pedestrian hit by train Friday in Glen Ellyn has died
- Bensenville police shoot man who allegedly drew gun
- Glen Ellyn Wheaton Community Associates of the Art Institute celebrate 'A Gem of a Holiday'
- Bolingbrook's Parrker Westphal to play for Northwestern
- Century 21 of Lemont donates for Christmas dinners
- 4 downtown Glen Ellyn coffee shops to stop by for a pick-me-up while holiday shopping
- Gary Elementary in West Chicago donates to Unicef
- Carol Stream man sentenced to 33 years for sexually assaulting child
- Convicted murderer, kidnapper charged with 2 felonies in Carol Stream
- 5 activities for kids during winter break in Lemont