Willowbrook Key Club partners with Jackson Middle School for food drive
|Students in the Willowbrook High School Key Club coordinated a Thanksgiving food drive and, with the help of Jackson Middle School students, collected almost 5,000 food items that were donated to three local food pantries. (Photo courtesy of District 88)|
Recently, students in the Key Club at Willowbrook High School in Villa Park hosted a food drive with cooperation from staff and students at Jackson Middle School in town.
At Willowbrook, Matt Scott’s social studies class was recognized for collecting the most canned goods and nonperishable food items during the drive. His class donated 165 items that were later distributed to local food pantries.
Peg Browne’s world languages class came in second with 138 donated items that contributed to the total of about 500 food items that the drive generated.
At Jackson Middle School, students and staff helped to collect about 4,200 items.
All of the food donated was distributed to three local food pantries.
More News News
- 5 activities for kids during winter break
- Lemont Fire outsources dispatchers to Orland Park
- Lemont Junior Woman's Club hosts benefit breakfast with Santa at Cog Hill
- Former Wheaton resident with special needs gets new bike through community donations
- Gowerpalooza returns for 8th year: 6 photos