West Chicago Middle School announces ‘Outstanding Student of the Quarter’ nominees
|West Chicago Middle School eighth graders and exploratory students who were named "Outstanding Student of the Quarter" nominees for the first quarter (Submitted photo)|
Every quarter, West Chicago Middle School teachers nominate students to receive the “Outstanding Student of the Quarter” award.
Each team of teachers can nominate up to four students per quarter. Exploratory and physical education teachers also can nominate students from their classes.
Nominations are based on the following criteria:
• demonstrates positive character
• scholastic achievement/growth
• community/school action and interaction
• leadership within the middle school.
Eight eighth graders and seven seventh graders were nominated as Outstanding Students of the Second Quarter. Thirteen exploratory students from both grades also were nominated.
Honored eighth graders include Guadalupe Perez, Ruby Romero, Juan Valencia, Zitziqui Alvarez, Savannah Santiago, Brian Ratcliffe, Oscar Sanchez and Lesly Romero.
Seventh graders include Katie Gramit, Brandon Magana, Maddie Simanois, Brandon Morss, Mario Huerta, Dany Gaeta and Jonathan Gonzalez.
Exploratory students include Britney Prebis, Emily Pietura, Ruben Fernandez, Brisa Rubio, Yamilex Rodelo, Dariya Walz, Nayeli Miguel, Jonathan Gonzalez, Zachary Stefan, Garrett Hosticka, Joselyn Urbina, Daniel Lamperis and Joel Aparicio.
Nominees received a certificate of recognition at a ceremony attended by parents and guardians.
More News News
- Memorial Day parade to start at 11 a.m. Monday in Downers Grove
- Pre-teen volunteers needed for Lemont Safety Village Camp
- Historical society hosts hike through Lemont history
- Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital hosts sroke information session
- Gordon Biersch tapping to raise funds for Special Olympics