Water pump company headquarters moving to Downers Grove
Danish pump company Grundfos will be moving into a building along Butterfield Road when it relocates its North American headquarters to Downers Grove next year.
The company will begin making the move to office space at 2001 Butterfield Road in the spring. The process will begin with several employees on the way up to 40 in a few years — most of them new hires.
Grundfos has a $4 billion annual revenue and claims a 50 percent share of the worldwide market in circulators.
The move was announced last week. The company’s North American headquarters had been based in Kansas since 2001. The company did not receive tax incentives to make the move, officials said.
“They were looking for an office space in the Chicago area,” said Michael Cassa, president of the Downers Grove Economic Development Corporation. “This fit their needs.”
More Downers Grove News
- Singer-songwriters to perform at Downers Grove Caribou Coffee
- Downers Grove Artfest grows in sixth year
- Benet 5k for the Drive braves cold weather
- Police investigate suspicious incident near Downers Grove North
- DuPage County reminds residents of warming locations as temperatures drop
- Shelves quickly empty as Downers Grove Dominick's prepares to close
- Downers Grove Council approves Dunham Road townhomes
- Motorist taken to hospital after collision with dump truck, house in Downers Grove
- DuPage County Board to fund coroner's deputy grief counseling classes
- Hinsdale South hangs tough, tops Downers Grove South