Senior Citizens Council looking for Westmont area volunteers
The DuPage Senior Citizens Council, which serves as the DuPage County’s Meals on Wheels provider, is currently seeking volunteers in the Westmont area that wish to make a positive difference in their community by delivering meals to homebound seniors in the community.
Volunteer drivers for the program are especially needed to deliver meals in the Westmont area.
“Persons who deliver meals to frail and homebound senior citizens help lend dignity and independence to the lives of elderly residents,” said Cathy Jordan, DSCC volunteer coordinator in a press release about the Meals on Wheels program.
Jordan said experience is not needed, but compassion and a positive attitude are required. Training is provided.
Interested persons should contact Jordan at (630) 620-0804. For more information on the program, visit www.dupageseniorcouncil.org.
More News News
- Glen Ellyn police respond to alleged assault by Hadley student against staff member
- Residents reminded to walk pets carefully after family loses puppy in hit-and-run
- Five things we learned at Tuesday's Downers Grove Council meeting
- Lemont District 113A approves $750,000 technology upgrade plan
- WDSRA Foundation names new board chairman