Relay For Life of Bolingbrook receives award for raising $90,000
Relay For Life of Bolingbrook was awarded the American Cancer Society’s Relay All Star Award for raising about $90,000 this year.
The Illinois Division of the American Cancer Society honors Relay events with the Relay All Star Award that achieve significant fundraising growth year over year.
“By supporting Relay For Life of Bolingbrook, our volunteers are helping us save more lives faster,” Alan D. Lev, chairman of the board of the American Cancer Society’s Illinois Division, said in a press release. “We invite all Bolingbrook residents to join us in fighting for every birthday threatened by cancer at this year’s Relay.”
Residents have already begun forming teams and raising donations for the 2013 Bolingbrook Relay.
For more information visit Relayforlife.org/bolingbrookil
More News News
- Pedestrian hit by train Friday in Glen Ellyn has died
- Bensenville police shoot man who allegedly drew gun
- Glen Ellyn Wheaton Community Associates of the Art Institute celebrate 'A Gem of a Holiday'
- Bolingbrook's Parrker Westphal to play for Northwestern
- Century 21 of Lemont donates for Christmas dinners
- 4 downtown Glen Ellyn coffee shops to stop by for a pick-me-up while holiday shopping
- Gary Elementary in West Chicago donates to Unicef
- Carol Stream man sentenced to 33 years for sexually assaulting child
- Convicted murderer, kidnapper charged with 2 felonies in Carol Stream
- 5 activities for kids during winter break in Lemont