Lipinski celebrates St. John of the Cross award in Western Springs
U.S. Rep. Dan Lipinski, D-3rd Dist., recently spoke during a St. John of the Cross Parish School assembly on Monday to celebrate the school receiving the National Blue Ribbon Award.
The Rev. David Dowdle, Principal Kathleen Gorman and first-grade teacher Jackie Wehner were guests of the congressman and presented the award the week last week in Washington, D.C. Lipinski is a Western Springs resident and St. John of the Cross parishioner.
Only 50 private schools nationwide this year were selected by the U.S. Department of Education for the prestigious award, which recognizes academic excellence and student achievement levels.
More News News
- Glenbard East holds annual Cookies and Carol concert: 5 photos
- Lemont District 113A to move fifth grade to River Valley
- District 210 passes proposed tax levy
- Glen Ellyn trustee resigns to pursue out-of-state career opportunity
- Police reports: La Grange, La Grange Park, Western Springs and Westchester for Dec. 18