Glen Ellyn Girl Scout troop begins sock drive for local charities
Forest Glen Girl Scout Troop 1424 in Glen Ellyn is collecting socks for families in need now through Dec. 21.
The sock drive began Monday as the troop’s service project. The troop is collecting new socks for adults, children and babies to donate to local organizations and agencies in need.
A donation box for the socks is located at Forest Glen Elementary School, 561 Elm St., Glen Ellyn. Additional boxes also will be placed throughout the village.
The troop is made up of 13 fourth graders who have been together since they were Daisies in kindergarten. The troop is led by Wendie Reece and Kathryn Alcock.
For more information, please call Reece at (630) 842-6276.
More News News
- Pedestrian hit by train Friday in Glen Ellyn has died
- Bensenville police shoot man who allegedly drew gun
- Glen Ellyn Wheaton Community Associates of the Art Institute celebrate 'A Gem of a Holiday'
- Bolingbrook's Parrker Westphal to play for Northwestern
- Century 21 of Lemont donates for Christmas dinners
- 4 downtown Glen Ellyn coffee shops to stop by for a pick-me-up while holiday shopping
- Gary Elementary in West Chicago donates to Unicef
- Carol Stream man sentenced to 33 years for sexually assaulting child
- Convicted murderer, kidnapper charged with 2 felonies in Carol Stream
- 5 activities for kids during winter break in Lemont