Geneva sales tax revenue continuing upward trend
Sales tax revenue in Geneva has been increasing every month since December of last year.
Sales tax revenues through August were reported at Monday’s Geneva City Council meeting.
In August, the city received more than $381,000 in sales tax revenue for fiscal year 2012 to 13 compared with less than $369,000 received in fiscal year 2011 to 12.
The upward trend has been continuing for the current fiscal year during the which the city has been collecting its revenue since before the height of the recession in fiscal year 2009 to 10.
But revenue in most months are still slightly lower than before the recession in fiscal year 2008 to 09.
More News News
- Westfield Ford named company's first LEED-certified dealer in state
- West Chicago District 33 names new superintendent
- Glen Ellyn police respond to alleged assault by Hadley student against staff member
- Residents reminded to walk pets carefully after family loses puppy in hit-and-run
- Five things we learned at Tuesday's Downers Grove Council meeting