Brookfield Relay for Life raises $38K
Relay For Life of Brookfield was awarded the American Cancer Society’s prestigious Relay All Star Award at the Society’s recent Relay Leadership Summit in Itasca.
This year, Relay For Life of Brookfield raised about $38,000 with nearly 200 participants. In the 2013 season, this event is expected to surpass $1 million raised lifetime.
“By supporting Relay For Life of Brookfield, our volunteers are helping us save more lives faster,” said Alan D. Lev, chairman of the board of the American Cancer Society’s Illinois Division. “We invite all Brookfield residents to join us in fighting for every birthday threatened by cancer at this year’s Relay.”
An information session event kick-off for the 2013 Brookfield Relay has been scheduled for Jan. 18, 2013.
For more information, call Jenna DeAngelis at 708-484-8541 ext. 3 or click here.
More News News
- Police reports: Glen Ellyn for Dec. 19
- Police reports: West Chicago for Dec. 19
- Police reports: Wheaton for Dec. 19
- Police reports: Carol Stream for Dec. 20
- Police reports: Lemont for Dec. 13
- Westfield Ford named company's first LEED-certified dealer in state
- West Chicago District 33 names new superintendent
- Glen Ellyn police respond to alleged assault by Hadley student against staff member
- Residents reminded to walk pets carefully after family loses puppy in hit-and-run
- Five things we learned at Tuesday's Downers Grove Council meeting