Berwyn police to ‘STEP’ up enforcement for Thanksgiving
Noting an increase in drunken driving incidents during the holiday season, the Berwyn Police Department will bulk up enforcement of impaired driving and seat belt use this week.
The bolstered presence is funded through a Sustained Traffic Enforcement Program, or STEP grant from the Illinois Department of Transportation.
Although no specific times or locations have been listed, patrol officers are expected to create “highly visible enforcement,” according to a news release.
More News News
- Carol Stream man sentenced to 33 years for sexually assaulting child
- Convicted murderer, kidnapper charged with 2 felonies in Carol Stream
- 5 activities for kids during winter break
- Lemont Fire outsources dispatchers to Orland Park
- Lemont Junior Woman's Club hosts benefit breakfast with Santa at Cog Hill
- Former Wheaton resident with special needs gets new bike through community donations
- Gowerpalooza returns for 8th year: 6 photos
- Dog being walked dies after falling into Des Plaines River in Riverside
- Train hits pedestrian in Glen Ellyn
- Wheaton League of Women Voters celebrate member's 50 years of service