Berwyn Cicero Relay For Life wins awards
The Berwyn Cicero Relay For Life recently was awarded with the American Cancer Society’s Relay All Star and All American Awards.
Relay For life is an annual fundraiser and awareness builder for the American Cancer Society.
The local version received its honors during the American Cancer Society’s leadership summit in Itasca.
The group was recognized for raising about $47,000 through 415 participants in this year’s events.
The Berwyn Cicero Relay For Life also was cited as having excellent growth, a high retention rate for volunteers and a diverse pool of participants.
“By supporting Relay For Life of Berwyn/Cicero, our volunteers are helping us save more lives faster,” said Alan D. Lev, chairman of the board of the American Cancer Society’s Illinois Division. “We invite all local residents to join us in fighting for every birthday threatened by cancer at this year’s Relay.”
More News News
- Glen Ellyn police respond to alleged assault by Hadley student against staff member
- Residents reminded to walk pets carefully after family loses puppy in hit-and-run
- Five things we learned at Tuesday's Downers Grove Council meeting
- Lemont District 113A approves $750,000 technology upgrade plan
- WDSRA Foundation names new board chairman