Lemont Park District hosts ‘Thanksgiving Day Food Drive & Open House’ Thursday
The Lemont Park District is hosting a Thanksgiving Day Food Drive & Open House on Thursday morning.
Only attendees who bring in a non-perishable food item will be invited free into the CORE for the open house. Food items such as boxed meals, canned spaghetti, canned meats, cereal, spaghetti, cake mix, sugars, canned jars of fruit, boxes of raisins, cranberries and snack cups are needed.
Those who do not bring a non-perishable food item will need to pay the regular daily admission price if they are not a CORE member. Proceeds will benefit the Lemont Food Pantry.
The open house will allow attendees to take a class, workout or go for a swim. Two family fit classes will be available during the open house, Family Bootcamp from 9:15 to 10:15 a.m. and Family Zumba from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
For more information visit www.lemontparkdistrict.org
More Lemont News
- Lemont District 113A to move fifth grade to River Valley
- District 210 passes proposed tax levy
- Lemont Library to hold Christmas party for tweens
- Lemont District 113A approves tax levy amid some public complaint
- Argonne of Lemont to lay off 50 employees
- Gestautas: Tri County SRA reflects on 2013 and the year to come
- Future of Keepataw Days in doubt, Lemont festival organizers disbanding
- DuPage County reminds residents of warming locations as temperatures drop
- Village Board to vote on new housing development at next meeting
- Lemont Village Board debates rezoning residential property on State Street