Woman who allegedly fled, assaulted Berwyn police wanted on warrants
A Freeport woman was charged with aggravated assault and obstruction of identification after an altercation with Berwyn police about 7:48 p.m. Nov. 11, police said.
Sharlene L. Davis, 27, of 632 Westview Road, was arrested after she allegedly fled from police to the 6700 block of Cermak Road, where she then reportedly resisted arrest. Police had responded to a call from the 1900 block of Euclid Avenue, where a man had wanted Davis removed because she allegedly was drunk and belligerent, according to police reports.
Davis allegedly gave false identities to police and was uncooperative in the booking process, police said. At one point, she allegedly attempted to punch an officer, then poke him in the eye, according to police reports.
When police positively identified Davis, they found she had three unspecified outstanding warrants.
More Berwyn News
- Cicero Police raise funds to help children purchase Christmas gifts
- Depot District’s Serendipity Antiques selling memories
- Proviso West, Jack Tosh tourneys feature area basketball teams
- RB set to host area teams for holiday tournament; LT heads to Wheaton North
- Morton at Willowbrook girls basketball: 9 photos