Riverside native Molly McCloskey earns Lake Forest College award
Outside hitter helped volleyball team to two wins
Riverside Brookfield grad and Lake Forest College senior outside hitter Molly McCloskey had 41 kills and 38 digs in two matches last week to be named the school's Forester Athlete of the Week.
McCloskey had 24 digs and a match-high 26 kills in a 16-25, 25-20, 19-25, 25-20, 22-20 win at Monmouth College on Oct. 26. The 26 kills was a career best and was two short of the school record.
She followed that up by getting match highs in kills (15) and digs (14) in a 25-8, 25-13, 25-16 win at Knox College the next day. The wins helped the Foresters clinch a spot in the four-team Midwest Conference Tournament, where they lost to St. Norbert in the semifinal.
McCloskey currently ranks sixth on the all-time school list for career kills (1,254) and eighth for career digs (1,257).
More Riverside News
- Letter: Little league season is fast approaching in Riverside
- Westchester man's 20-year sentence for Riverside burglary overturned on Tuesday
- Hauser Junior High collects for food drive
- RB's Mailin Struck finishes strong at cross country national championships
- Hazardous weather expected to impact Wednesday morning rush hour
- Riverside trustees decide not to kill “ugly” coyotes, focus on education
- Riverside man charged with DUI in bicyclist death in Chicago
- Principle Dance Company presents 'The Nutcracker Ballet' on Sunday in Riverside
- Riverside to host annual Holiday Stroll
- Riverside author releases book, library event on Sunday