Kane Chair candidates preparing for results
The polls were about to close, but Republican candidate for Kane County chair, Chris Lauzen was still making phone calls to try and get out last-minute votes.
He said he and eight other campaign workers still had about 1,200 people to call with about 30 minutes left before the polls close.
Lauzen will be attending an election party at Aurelio's tonight in downtown Geneva.
Meanwhile, his Democratic challenger Sue Klinkhamer said she had been sending last-minute emails all day to try and get out the vote.
She said she feels good waiting for the results to come in.
"I think I ran my campaign the way I wanted," Klinkhamer said.
She said she'll be waiting for the results at an election party at her daughter's house in Geneva.
More News News
- Bolingbrook's Parrker Westphal to play for Northwestern
- Century 21 of Lemont donates for Christmas dinners
- 4 downtown Glen Ellyn coffee shops to stop by for a pick-me-up while holiday shopping
- Gary Elementary in West Chicago donates to Unicef
- Carol Stream man sentenced to 33 years for sexually assaulting child
- Convicted murderer, kidnapper charged with 2 felonies in Carol Stream
- 5 activities for kids during winter break in Lemont
- Lemont Fire outsources dispatchers to Orland Park
- Lemont Junior Woman's Club hosts benefit breakfast with Santa at Cog Hill
- Former Wheaton resident with special needs gets new bike through community donations