Red Gate Bridge scheduled to open to vehicle traffic Dec. 15
After over a year of construction, Red Gate Bridge will open to the vehicle traffic Dec. 15, according to the city website.
The bridge extends over the Fox River connecting Route 31 and Red Gate Road near St. Charles North High School. City officials plan to mark the occasion with a brief ribbon cutting ceremony. An exact time has not yet been announced.
A bicycle pathway connecting existing trails is also scheduled to open in spring.
Construction of the bridge began in Aug. 2011.
More News News
- Carol Stream Park District executive director named head of DuPage Forest Preserve District
- Man accused of hitting 8 cars in downtown Elmhurst, assaulting officer not yet identified
- Hinsdale property tax levy, ice rink construction approved
- Photo calendar raises money for Bridge Communities
- Darien Lions Club collecting for annual food basket program