Almost every restaurant and business in Geneva will have special offers this weekend and next week designed for couples celebrating Valentine’s Day. The list is sure to be long, but here are just a few offers to look into if you are celebrating the day with your sweetheart.
1. Pastry chef Alain Roby of All Chocolate Kitchen, 33 S. Third St., recently unveiled Geneva’s first table-side siphon coffee experience. “This is the proper way to make coffee,” Roby said. He calls it total immersion brewing, as patrons can watch the coffee pass through glass containers because of a heated vacuum. Combined with special chocolates, Roby said the experience will make a perfect Valentine’s Day date.
2. Graham’s 318 Coffeehouse, 318 S. Third St., is offering a romantic chocolate fondue for two. Patrons can dip anything from pound cake and marshmallows to strawberries and graham crackers into melted Graham’s chocolate. The cafe is BYOB, so patrons are invited to bring their own champagne or wine. Fondue kits are also available for sale for those who want to celebrate at home. For information, call (630) 845-3180.
3. Heart-shaped ravioli or heart-shaped filet mignon are being offered at Josef’s Elegante Meats & Deli. These are available for pickup tomorrow through Tuesday. For information, call (630) 262-1878.
4. Of course, many parents will need someone to watch their children while they’re celebrating Valentine’s Day. The Geneva Park District is offering baby-sitting services from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at the Stephen D. Persinger Rec Center, 3507 Kaneville Road. Children will be entertained with games, movies and crafts. The cost is $15 for residents and $20 for nonresidents. Pre-registration is required by calling (630) 232-4501.
5. Vietnam veteran Ralph Gebes, who organizes the Batavia Cares military support group, is asking people to remember soldiers who are serving overseas while their sweethearts are back home. He’s sending troops special holiday care packages complete with Valentine’s candy, but basic items are needed year-round. For information, visit www.bataviacares.org.