The following organizations have announced closures as a result of a blizzard that dumped 20 inches of snow on the Chicagoland area by Wednesday afternoon:
- The Township of Berwyn has announced that a property tax appeal workshop scheduled for tonight has been canceled due to the weather. They hope to reschedule that meeting for early next week, according Berwyn Township Assessor Al Kveton. The exact details will be announced later this week.
- Berwyn South School District 100 announced there will be no school for Wednesday. They will also be closed on Thursday
- Berwyn North School District 98 has canceled all classes for Wednesday. They have not yet made an announcement for Thursday.
- The entire Morton High School District 201 has canceled all classes Wednesday and Thursday. This includes: Morton West High School in Berwyn, Morton East High School in Cicero, the Morton Freshman Center in Cicero and the Morton Alternative High School in Cicero. All after school and athletic events have also been cancelled.
- The North Berwyn Park District will not host any preschool, classes or meetings Wednesday.
- St. Leonard’s school has canceled all classes for Wednesday and Thursday.
- St. Odilo School has canceled all classes Wednesday and Thursday.
- The Berwyn Public Library will be closed all day Wednesday
- The Berwyn City Hall closed at 3 p.m. Tuesday and will not reopen Wednesday. City Hall will extend its hours until 8 p.m. Thursday to accommodate those in need of city services.
- The Berwyn Park District has cancelled all programming will not be open on Wednesday.
For a more complete list of regional closures, please visit www. Emergencyclosingcenter.com